Ivo Welch, January 2014
Ivo Welch: Corporate Finance:
3rd Edition: 2014
(reviews for the previous edition.)
The 3rd edition (ISBN 978-0-9840049-1-1) changes are incremental, with the exception of the CAPM chapter (where I have become more negative for long-term capital budgeting application of the model). If you already own the second edition, you can keep it but replace the ed2 CAPM chapter with the revised ed3 CAPM chapter. Of course, you can also read the entire 3rd edition free online. Free means without charge, but the book is copyrighted and not redistributable. There are no open pdf and kindle versions. Don't email to ask why.
Ways To Help
- Although I do not profit from sales of the book (average price < average cost), text purchases defray the fixed cost of large-volume printing necessary to be able to distribute a nicely-looking printed book (marginal price > marginal cost). Plus, having a printed book is insurance for you in case my web server goes down. It has happened in the past (esp before exams, when web use is higher), and it will happen again.
- Tell your instructor that you like the textbook. Even if they have assigned it, they are guessing, too.
- Recommend the book to finance instructors. Tell them to contact me for instructor auxiliary material and online quiz support. (This extra material is only available to accredited-school instructors. It is not available to students.)
- Leave honest feedback on amazon. Give your name so that it is clear that I (the author) did not post the review under a pseudonym. (I would never do this, but other authors have been known to do so.) The book is cheaper here than it is on Amazon.
- Recommend the book to friends.