Ivo Welch, Corporate Finance: 4th Edition, 2017
Use Condition: All material on this website is copyrighted. Access is permitted and free to users who adhere to all conditons here and on the book purchase page. All use permission is withdrawn for anyone who fails to adhere to the conditions. There are no warranties, either implicit or explicit. Use at your own risk. Warning: This is not a 24-7 site. This computer hosts more than just this book. The computer or some software may go down, e.g., for installation of other software or security checking. Do not rely on perfect availability.
You can purchase a paperback for $60 (and sometimes on sale $48). The printing vendor is lulu. This is about as cheap as what you can print and bind the book yourself for, and then you would have a mess of a loose-leaf collection. Lulu is more efficient and better than your corner printshop. However, I take no responsibility for lulu: printing is Lulu's business. If your experience is bad, please let their customer service (and me) know. I can always switch printers.
|Order General Version Print||Order MFE Version Print|
The pdf version that you can download below has a gray watermark image (that the printed version on lulu does not). This is deliberate and will not change. It is a (very small) incentive in favor of the printed version.
- Introduction General MFE
- Part I: Value and Capital Budgeting General MFE
- Present Value General MFE
- Stock and Bond Valuation: Annuities and Perpetuities General MFE
- A First Encounter with Capital Budgeting Rules General MFE
- Part II: Risk and Return General MFE
- Time-Varying Rates of Return and the Yield Curve General MFE
- Uncertainty, Default, and Risk General MFE
- A First Look at Investments General MFE
- Investor Choice: Risk and Reward General MFE
- Benchmarked Costs of Capital General MFE
- The Capital Asset Pricing Model General MFE
- Part III: Market Efficiency General MFE
- Market Imperfections General MFE
- Perfect and Efficient Markets, and Classical and Behavioral Finance General MFE
- Capital Budgeting Applications and Pitfalls General MFE
- Part IV: Real-World Applications General MFE
- From Financial Statements to Economic Cash Flows General MFE
- Valuation from Comparables and Financial Ratios General MFE
- Part V: Capital Structure and Payout Patterns General MFE
- Corporate Claims General MFE
- Capital Structure in a Perfect Market General MFE
- Taxes and Capital Structure General MFE
- More Imperfect-Market Capital Structure General MFE
- Equity Payouts: Dividends and Share Repurchases General MFE
- Part VI: Projecting the Future General MFE
- Pro Forma Financial Statements and the PepsiCo Case General MFE
For instructor flexibility sake, important chapters like options and derivatives, international finance, corporate governance, etc., will be available in the same pdf format, but not in the printed version. The companion is not yet updated to v4, much less edited or organized. It has appendixes for chapters 3,5,8,9,12,13,17,18,21; and chapters on  capital structure changes;  empirical capital structure patterns;  investment banks and M&A;  corporate governance; and  international finance; and  Options and Risk Management.
Ivo Welch, UCLA, 2017-.