Ivo Welch, Corporate Finance: 4th Edition, 2017
Use Condition: All material on this website is copyrighted. Access is permitted and free to users who adhere to all conditons here and on the book purchase page. All use permission is withdrawn for anyone who fails to adhere to the conditions. There are no warranties, either implicit or explicit. Use at your own risk. Warning: This is not a 24-7 site. This computer hosts more than just this book. The computer or some software may go down, e.g., for installation of other software or security checking. Do not rely on perfect availability.
You can purchase a paperback for $60 (and sometimes on sale $48). The printing vendor is lulu. This is about as cheap as what you can print and bind the book yourself for, and then you would have a mess of a loose-leaf collection. Lulu is more efficient and better than your corner printshop. However, I take no responsibility for lulu: printing is Lulu's business. If your experience is bad, please let their customer service (and me) know. I can always switch printers.
The pdf version that you can download below has a gray watermark image (that the printed version on lulu does not). This is deliberate and will not change.
- Part I: Value and Capital Budgeting
- Present Value
- Stock and Bond Valuation: Annuities and Perpetuities
- A First Encounter with Capital Budgeting Rules
- Part II: Risk and Return
- Time-Varying Rates of Return and the Yield Curve
- Uncertainty, Default, and Risk
- A First Look at Investments
- Investor Choice: Risk and Reward
- Benchmarked Costs of Capital
- The Capital Asset Pricing Model
- Part III: Market Efficiency
- Market Imperfections
- Perfect and Efficient Markets, and Classical and Behavioral Finance
- Capital Budgeting Applications and Pitfalls
- Part IV: Real-World Applications
- From Financial Statements to Economic Cash Flows
- Valuation from Comparables and Financial Ratios
- Part V: Capital Structure and Payout Patterns
- Corporate Claims
- Capital Structure in a Perfect Market
- Taxes and Capital Structure
- More Imperfect-Market Capital Structure
- Equity Payouts: Dividends and Share Repurchases
- Part VI: Projecting the Future
- Pro Forma Financial Statements and the PepsiCo Case
For instructor flexibility sake, important chapters like options and derivatives, international finance, corporate governance, etc., will be available in the same pdf format, but not in the printed version. The companion is not yet updated to v4, much less edited or organized. It has appendixes for chapters 3,5,8,9,12,13,17,18,21; and chapters on  capital structure changes;  empirical capital structure patterns;  investment banks and M&A;  corporate governance; and  international finance; and  Options and Risk Management.
Ivo Welch, UCLA, 2017-.